Finder Framework for Android
By Andrew Brampton
This framework is able to display lists of specific locations, be it restaurant chains, coffee shops, offices, or anything else! These locations are stored in a local database, so no Internet connection is needed.
The framework supports the following features:
- Self contained database of locations.
- Sort locations by names or distance.
- Display the 10 nearest locations in a list or on a map.
- Display detailed information on a single location, i.e. Full Address, Phone Number.
- Add the location to the phone's address book.
- Get directions to a specific location.
So far this framework is used by one application, Nando's Finder. If you are interested in using this framework or have suggestions on what other apps I could make then please contact me.
- 2010-01-08 - First Release
- Secure the database by compressing and encypting it ourself.
- Automatic updates of CSV file.
- Options dialog to set km or miles.
- New LocationManager.
- When in landscape make the button_list display in two columns.
- Add support for easily changing database.
This unoffical fan made application contains a database of every Nando's in the UK, and allows you to easily find the closest one.
Download from the Android Market or follow this download link from your android device.